Institutional Set-up for Extension Hub
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries has established Extension Hub Is an institutional arrangement in order to act as facilitator, monitor, advisor and approver for improvement the quality of extension services delivery in Cambodia.
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is responsible for documentation, and coordinating with other relevant departments of Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), private sectors and development partners to collect the qualified extension materials to response the needs of farmers, markets and climate change. The collected materials will be checked and evaluated before being uploaded on extension web portal (www.khmeragri.info) for public dissemination.
Objectives of Extension Hub
1.To provide support the agricultural extension policy implementation in Cambodia
2.To document and maintain the extension material for stakeholders and public dissemination
3.To ensure the quality and effectiveness, and to increase trust from all stakeholders and farmers on agricultural extension services in Cambodia
4.To provide timely agricultural information by using Information Communication and Technology system (ICT)
Functions of Extension Hub
1. Identify the priority needs for extension service based on the farmer demand assessment system and current research, market trends and supply chain needs
2. Facilitate the process of developing, reviewing and disseminating extension materials
3. Monitoring the effectiveness of the extension services
4. Assure the quality extension service delivery
5. Improve cooperation, coordination and communication between extension services provider including the PDAFF, private sectors and development partners